Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Confessions from the Neurotic


As covered by my last post, I am about the most neurotic person ever. Hence the title of this little series.
But yesterday, was especially hard for me.
Nick, Alex and I went out on the town, mostly searching for a place that would cut my hair for under $30.
We headed to the mall, grabbed some lunch, and I convinced the boys to let me scurry over to Forever 21, in hopes of finding a cute dress for swing dancing in on Wednesday.

I wound up not buying anything because of my Buyer's Guilt (which is an entirely different issue), but later that night went on to search for dresses online.
I looked through Dorothy Perkins, Modcloth, Shabby Apple, Asos, Romwe, all the super cute places that my enamored bloggers buy their adorable duds.
And guess what I found out.
Apparently, according to these websites, my measurements mean that I range anywhere from a 1X to a 2X. What the fuck is that??

I've never been bigger than a size 14, and am currently sitting at a relatively decent size 12 in the jeans department (depending on the jean).
But a XXL?? REALLY??

How about that for total ego annihilation? Dude, I think I'm pretty fat but jeez.

So, I cried my face off, naturally.

Not just because I literally can't wear what I would like to, but because it's not for a lack of trying.
I work out.
I eat as healthy as I can, considering I'm not a vegetarian and I can't afford to be (not that I would really want to, I love meat).

After talking to Holly and The Boy about it, I felt a little better.
When Holly comes down in 18 days (!), she and I are going to Forever 21 and I am GOING to find a dress, dammit.
And I promise that I will not cry.

Hypothetical Readers, do you have debilitating body images issues too, or are you right on with the body acceptance movement?

Rhya

Edit:
So right (literally RIGHT) after writing this blog, I farted around pinterest and found a new blog. And several pages in, I found this video.

1 comment:

  1. mental note: Forever 21, Charlotte Russe, Limited, NY&Co, and Rue whatever it is are off limits to anyone but prepubescent stick figures. Doesn't make you inferior, just healthy and normal.

    ReplyDelete